Election theft, Minnesota style - Jay Maynard

> Recent entries
> Calendar view
> Friends page
> User info
> Jay's web page

Saturday, 15 November 2008


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
0702 - Election theft, Minnesota style

The Al Franken campaign is actively trying to suborn perjury (legalese for getting someone else to lie under oath) in order to get invalid absentee ballots counted:

Mark Jeranek, who voted absentee in Beltrami County and whose ballot was rejected because he did not sign an outside envelope, said he has been approached several times by the Franken campaign asking him to sign an affidavit affirming that he did vote and that he wants his vote counted.

Jeranek, who lives in Jones Township near Bemidji, said an original affidavit sent to him by the Franken campaign indicated that Jeranek did sign the envelope. But when Jeranek approached Beltrami election officials about the issue, he came away convinced he had failed to sign the document.

"I'd like to have my vote counted, but it was my mistake, not anybody else's," he said. Jeranek said he voted for Franken but did not believe the Franken campaign knew that when it approached him.

Kay Mack, the county's auditor-treasurer and its chief election official, said she was troubled by what appeared to be an effort by the Franken campaign to challenge the rejection of the ballots without first contacting local officials. The data provided to the campaign clearly indicated that Jeranek has been rejected because he failed to sign the envelope, she said.


location: 56031
current mood: [mood icon] pissed off

(5 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:quentincoyote
Date: - 0000

false indignation...

(Link)
here's the thing though... Based on your behavior this whole season, I don't think that you're really incensed at all that they're trying to count a legal vote where the guy just forgot to sign his name on the outer enveolpe, I think that you're just incensed that they're trying to count a vote for Franken. And, that if the situation were exactly the same, except that it was for the other guy instead, I think that you would be totally fine with it and not complaining about it at all.

Am I wrong?
[User Picture]
From:jmaynard
Date: - 0000

Re: false indignation...

(Link)
Yes, you're wrong. If Franken wins the election fair and square, them's the breaks. If he steals it by getting people to lie under oath, then it's time to scream bloody murder.

For some reason, leftists don't seem to have a problem with perjury when it advances one of their pet causes or helps one of their pet candidates. Why is that?
[User Picture]
From:quentincoyote
Date: - 0000

Re: false indignation...

(Link)
Okay, then please name a current or recent example of Republican corruption, which you feel indignant about, and which should be addressed.
[User Picture]
From:quentincoyote
Date: - 0000

Re: false indignation...

(Link)
Also, even if he did forget to sign the outer envelope, and whether or not that can categorically be accepted or denied, either way, that still in no way contradicts the idea that "he did vote and that he wants his vote counted." if in fact he does.

If the avidavit they wanted him to sign had said, "he for sure did sign the outer envelope", when he really didn't, then you might have a case. But, it doesn't say that, so you don't.

"For some reason, leftists don't seem to have a problem with perjury when it advances one of their pet causes or helps one of their pet candidates. Why is that?"

I don't know about that, but I could just as easily say that wingnuts don't seem to have a problem with parroting any scandal, no matter how far fetched and ridiculous, so long as it smears a candidate they oppose, and no matter how unfairly. The person whom I'm having this conversation with right now, has already admitted as much to me, directly. Why is that?
[User Picture]
From:quentincoyote
Date: - 0000

P.S. part, the third...

(Link)
"If he steals it by getting people to lie under oath, then it's time to scream bloody murder."

Whoops, I think you're talking about the 2000 election, there. :-P

> go to top
LiveJournal.com