Czar, czar, everywhere a czar... - Jay Maynard

> Recent entries
> Calendar view
> Friends page
> User info
> Jay's web page

Wednesday, 16 September 2009


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
0118 - Czar, czar, everywhere a czar...

Via Power Line:



I rather liked the original, but this one's pretty good. I can't complain about the singers, since I can't do any better.

location: 56031
current mood: [mood icon] awake, dammit
current music: The Nose on Your Face, Czars

(9 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:wakkowarner
Date: - 0000
(Link)
This is probably the last thing the right should be going after Obama for.

Ronald Reagan appointed his first czar in 1982, and George W. Bush appointed 46 of them -- the most of any President to date -- during his two terms. Hell, most of the positions in this video were created by Bush!

With that in mind, the fact that this terrible parody was written only very recently should serve as testament to the ignorance of those that wrote it.

That you enjoy the original song as well -- whose rather socially progressive lyrics were written by a bunch of filthy Communist Canadians -- provides some much-needed, unintentional irony.


tl;dr: This is crap and nearly unlistenable. But then again, it came from Power Line, so what else can we expect?
[User Picture]
From:jmaynard
Date: - 0000
(Link)
You're still pissed off at Power Line for exposing Dan Rather's lies.

I enjoy the original because it's a good piece of music, even though the lyrics don't do that much for me. You see, unlike you, I was alive when it came out, and so it's a fond childhood memory, from a time before I understood how the world really works.

Obama was well on his way to break Bush's number until Van Jones was exposed for the 9/11 truther and Communist he is. Now, the sun is shining on Obama's use of czars, and maybe more attention will be paid.
[User Picture]
From:wakkowarner
Date: - 0000
(Link)
You're still pissed off at Power Line for exposing Dan Rather's lies.

No, I'm disappointed people choose to read their idiotic garbage. What they choose to "report" on doesn't matter to me.

You see, unlike you, I was alive when it came out, and so it's a fond childhood memory, from a time before I understood how the world really works.

Uh-huh. Why on Earth does it matter when the song came out? The fact of the matter is, it's a song about social acceptance, something neocons have demonstrably been against in word and deed.

Obama was well on his way to break Bush's number

Yeah, and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Let's talk about actual reality rather than what might've happened. Or is this the best the right can muster up to counter the fact that Bush appointed more czars than any other President ever did??
[User Picture]
From:jmaynard
Date: - 0000
(Link)
Power Line is only idiotic garbage to leftists who think the leftist mainstream media is all that the American people need. They perform a valuable public service by getting out news that the mainstream media would like to see buried...for example ACORN's perfidy.

I see you've succumbed to the leftist tendency to use the word "neoconservative" to demonize everyone on the right end of the spectrum. Tsk. That word has a specific meaning, and it is not correct to label every conservative a neoconservative.

As for social acceptance, the only thing conservatives oppose is the social acceptance of welfare queens and criminals, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Obama appointed several new czars, like that Communist and 9/11 truther. It is not unreasonable to expect he'd continue to do so.
[User Picture]
From:wakkowarner
Date: - 0000
(Link)
Power Line is only idiotic garbage to leftists who think the leftist mainstream media is all that the American people need.

No, it's idiotic garbage to anyone with a rational, working brain.

And, for what it's worth, I haven't watched or read "mainstream media" in about fifteen years. I don't have cable TV and the news here isn't American anyway.

They perform a valuable public service by getting out news that the mainstream media would like to see buried...for example ACORN's perfidy.

The only service they provide is the dissemination of idiotic half-truths and opinion pieces written by people who should by all rights be in a padded cell somewhere far away from society.


I see you've succumbed to the leftist tendency to use the word "neoconservative" to demonize everyone on the right end of the spectrum. Tsk. That word has a specific meaning, and it is not correct to label every conservative a neoconservative.

That's truly rich, coming from someone who's been painting everyone who disagrees with him with the same brush for as long as I can remember. You use "leftist" like someone in Jim Crow days would use another word.

Here's a clue: people in the center aren't leftists. People who want universal healthcare aren't all leftists. People who voted for Obama aren't all leftists. You'd have to be awfully thick-skulled to think otherwise.

As for social acceptance, the only thing conservatives oppose is the social acceptance of welfare queens and criminals, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

To put it bluntly: bullshit.

This is the same Republican party that tried a half dozen times to pass an amendment to the Constitution to effectively ban same-sex marriage.

The same party that categorized anyone who protested the Iraq war as terrorist sympathizers and anti-American, relegating them to "free speech zones" and keeping them off the streets.

The same party that for decades has tried to marginalize half the population by slowly stripping abortion rights away.

Nothing you can say can change the fact that for my entire lifetime, and most of yours as well, conservative Republican lunatics have sought to ostracize and criminalize certain groups of people and their behavior simply because they disagree with it.

Tell me more about these conservative champions of human rights.


Obama appointed several new czars, like that Communist and 9/11 truther. It is not unreasonable to expect he'd continue to do so.


Actually, it is extremely unreasonable to assume so, considering one person out of 35 appointees said some shit you disagree with, and was forced to resign over it. It is in fact the exact opposite of what a reasonable person would assume.

But you've never exactly been a reasonable person.
[User Picture]
From:jmaynard
Date: - 0000
(Link)
[Power Line is] idiotic garbage to anyone with a rational, working brain.
Only if you define anyone with a rational, working brain to mean "leftist".

one person out of 35 appointees said some shit you disagree with, and was forced to resign over it
42 appointees, and he was forced to resign because he was a self-avowed Communist and 9/11 truther - after Power Line and other conservative blogs brought his history to light. The mainstream media shamelessly buried the story until it was too late to save the guy's job. The same thing goes for ACORN: the mainstream media ignored their lawbreaking until after the Senate voted overwhelmingly to strip them of funds.

I read the mainstream media websites. Then I go to places like Power Line to find out what they're not telling me. A very large amount of stuff that does eventually make the mainstream media is covered there first.

In any event, you've shown yourself to be just another shrill leftist robot, blindly following The Obamessiah down the road to national ruin. I no longer have time for you. Goodbye.
[User Picture]
From:jmaynard
Date: - 0000
(Link)
Oh, and you can tell your buddy mosch (in his various guises as mosch20nn) not to bother commenting here, either. I delete his comments unread and ban him on sight.
[User Picture]
From:maoric
Date: - 0000
(Link)
Hoo boy. Where to begin. I was amused by the memes resulting from your Tron costume years ago, and every now and then I would see you crop up online (most notably in the We Are the Web net neutrality video). Only recently did I discover your journal and a few interesting viewpoints you held. I've been reading it and the comments off and on mostly for amusement (and often bemusement). I'm going against my usual choice of not commenting on your journal because I think I should touch on this.

I've often seen you ignore certain parts of comments when you respond to them. Sometimes I can understand, sometimes I shake my head, but this time I feel like I need to press the issue.

You have no comment at all about the conservative push to strip rights from people concerning gay marriage and abortion?

Are these people welfare queens or criminals, because I honestly would like to know.
[User Picture]
From:jmaynard
Date: - 0000
(Link)
No, that's a very good question. It happens those are two areas where I disagree with the Republican Party's official platform.

I believe that two informed, uncoerced adults should be able to marry, regardless of gender. I also believe that a woman has the unlimited right to terminate her pregnancy as she wishes, and nobody else has a say in the decision (but I also believe that the father has the unlimited right to terminate his relationship with the child in an analogous way; it's insane that the woman currently has the right to commit the man to 18 years of virtual slavery, or to uncommit either of them).

I stick with the Republicans despite my disagreement with them on these and other issues because I believe the areas where we agree are more important: the rights they currently choose to block are meaningless if I'm out on the street in a dead economy, and if we are invaded and ruled by others not of our choosing, then the whole question becomes moot. A strong economy and a strong defense are needed to make the other questions meaningful. The Democrats are failing miserably at both.

> go to top
LiveJournal.com