Friday, 7 March 2003
|0815 - Random thoughts at the airport|
While catching up on others' LJs, I ran across the Political Compass questionnaire. My results will, I suspect, surprise very few: well to the right on economic issues, very slightly libertarian on social issues. I'd thought I was more libertarian than that, but real libertarians like Eric Raymond would probably disagree, so it's probably not very far off.
The PowerBook is nice on the road, although I'm still trying to figure out the best way to manage 20 or 30 dialup ISP numbers spread around the country. There are some thigns Windows gets right, and this is one of them: the Windows Dialup Networking facility, at least in Windows 2000, is easy to manage and deals well with accessing the same numbers from different locations with different dialing rules.
Today's travels will have me back home about 5 PM. My flight arrives at MSP just before 2, if all goes as scheduled. I need to buy another book, since I'm halfway through my last one. I can probably stretch it out, though, by watching Ranma 1/2 videos aboard the plane. (I'm up to season 2, episode 4.)
Finally, in keeping with the airport theme, an airport ID quiz. Most of these are major airline terminals, but some aren't...
1) Is SAN San Antonio, San Diego, San Jose, or San Juan?
2) What's JAN?
3) How about MKC?
6) How about BDL?
7) Then there's MKE.
8) And SPS.
10) Finally, a (somewhat, if you stretch it) Animaniacs-related one: PTB.
1) San Diego International Airport - Lindbergh Field, San Diego, CA
2) Jackson International Airport, Jackson, MS
3) Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport, Kansas City, MO (Kansas City International's not KCI, either; it's MCI)
4) Washington Dulles International Airport, Washington, DC (for large values of DC: it's west of Reston, VA)
5) East Texas Regional Airport, Longview, TX (which gets its name from the fact that it's in Gregg County)
6) Bradley International Airport, Windsor Locks, CT (near Hartford)
7) General Mitchell International Airport, Milwaukee, WI
8) Sheppard AFB/Wichita Falls Municipal Airport, Wichita Falls, TX (yes, it's shared by the Air Force and the city)
9) Des Moines International Airport, Des Moines, IA
10) Dinwiddie County Airport, Petersburg, VA
current mood: cheerful
But then I assumed this was an open-internet test. :}
How's that last one Animaniacs-related though?