Sunday, 4 May 2008
|1043 - Yummy good stuff meme|
1. Are you a vegetarian? Vegan?
Not only no, but hell no. I have little patience for those who think that meat is murder, as well: we have evolved to need substances in our diet that are best supplied by meat, and that's the way it is.
2. What's your favorite food?
3. White bread or whole wheat?
White, usually, but I'll occasionally get a taste for whole wheat.
4. What's for breakfast?
A breakfast burrito and a carton of yogurt, with coffee or hot tea.
5. You're making a Dagwood sandwich. What's in it?
Ham, salami, roast beef, turkey, swiss cheese, mustard, maybe a leaf of lettuce.
6. What's on your pizza?
The carnivore special: every meat they offer except (if you call it that) anchovies, with extra cheese. Occasionally, I'll indulge in a Hawaiian pizza, however.
7. Coffee, tea, milk, or soda?
Diet Coke with lime, by preference; any diet drink will do, aside from Diet Pepsi (which I can't stand). Iced tea with lemon (and NO sweeteners). Coffee or hot tea with cream and Splenda.
8. Dark, milk, or white chocolate?
Dark or white.
9. Teetotal, beer, wine, or hard liquor?
A little bit of hard liquor, or a little of a good beer (not the mass-market American swill lagers, thank you). Neither unless I'm not driving for several hours or flying (as pilot) within a day. I don't ever have more than two drinks, and usually not more than one.
10. Does cilantro taste like citrus, or like soap?
Soap. Some folks call it "soap plant", and I agree.
11. Is chorizo the greatest thing ever or is it totally disgusting?
Mmmm, yummy chorizo. A bit too greasy, though. The local Mexican restaurant makes a dish with crumbled chorizo over grilled chicken, covered in chili con queso...mmmmm - but I can't eat it very often, or I pay for it later.
12. Do you use garlic like a vegetable or like a spice?
Spice. I've never had it as a vegetable.
13. Onions: raw, cooked, or not at all?
Yes, the more the merrier. Yummy.
14. Does broccoli taste sweet or bitter?
I've never noticed either one, actually. Then again, I almost always have it cooked with butter or cheese sauce.
15. How do you feel about fish?
I find most fish bland. I'll eat it, but find it needs tartar sauce or lemon. Salmon and tuna are pretty good, though.
16. How about sushi?
It's okkay, but I won't go out of my way for it. I'll accept the argument that I haven't had really good sushi yet, and if I'm out with someone who knows what really good sushi is and they tell me that I'm having some, then I may change my opinion.
17. Fave ethnic cuisine?
Mexican. (Well, for the purists, tex-mex.) It's what I grew up on. I also like southern US cuisine, as well.
18. What's your favorite fruit?
Grapes. Easy. I can't have much fruit these days, though.
19. Cheese - thumbs up or thumbs down?
Thumbs up. I usually have at least one item with cheese at every meal, and will snack on it if it's available.
20. Finally, favorite dessert?
Cheesecake, with key lime pie a close second. Again, though, I don't eat much dessert any more.
current mood: full
Chupaquesos for lunch!
I'll put where I differ.
2. I'm more of a spaghetti fan. Though I'm not sure if I'd label it a favorite, or if I even have a favorite. I have a few dishes that I like from most kinds of cuisine.
4. Mixed, sometimes chicken biscuits, sometimes a breakfast burger, sometimes a chicken sandwich... If I'm bringing it from home, most likely is a PBJ sandwich. If I had more than 5 minutes in the morning, I'd probably make pancakes/eggs/bacon.
5. Dagwood sandwiches... Pretty much whatever I have, as long as there's more than 5 items on it and it's greater than 2 inches thick.
7. #1: Coke. #2: Vault. #3: Iced Tea. #4: Coffee with large quantities of non-dairy creamer. (Only if I really need to stay up.)
8. Yes, please.
9. Teetotaler for the most part. Once or twice a year I'll get something with some mixture of Galliano, Vodka, or Rum.
10. I avoid it.
12. Spice. I have a jar of pureed garlic in my fridge that I add to a large number of dishes.
13. Cooked, or not at all. Cooked enough that the texture is gone. I love the way onions taste, but can't stand the cellulose texture. Like biting down on bubble wrap.
14. It tastes like beef... because the only time I have broccoli is in Beef Broccoli at a chinese place.
15. I don't.
16. People around me who eat sushi are insane.
17. If you put every possible ethnic food in front of me as a choice, I'd pick Japanese Hibachi (Americanized Japanese combined with entertainment, I suppose,) just because it's a bit of a rare treat. There's none around here. Past that, Americanized Italian. I'd probably run screaming if anyone served me authentic foreign food.
18. Granny Smith Apples. I hate most other kinds of apples.