1. Are you a vegetarian? Vegan?
Not only no, but hell no. I have little patience for those who think that meat is murder, as well: we have evolved to need substances in our diet that are best supplied by meat, and that's the way it is.
2. What's your favorite food?
3. White bread or whole wheat?
White, usually, but I'll occasionally get a taste for whole wheat.
4. What's for breakfast?
A breakfast burrito and a carton of yogurt, with coffee or hot tea.
5. You're making a Dagwood sandwich. What's in it?
Ham, salami, roast beef, turkey, swiss cheese, mustard, maybe a leaf of lettuce.
6. What's on your pizza?
The carnivore special: every meat they offer except (if you call it that) anchovies, with extra cheese. Occasionally, I'll indulge in a Hawaiian pizza, however.
7. Coffee, tea, milk, or soda?
Diet Coke with lime, by preference; any diet drink will do, aside from Diet Pepsi (which I can't stand). Iced tea with lemon (and NO sweeteners). Coffee or hot tea with cream and Splenda.
8. Dark, milk, or white chocolate?
Dark or white.
9. Teetotal, beer, wine, or hard liquor?
A little bit of hard liquor, or a little of a good beer (not the mass-market American swill lagers, thank you). Neither unless I'm not driving for several hours or flying (as pilot) within a day. I don't ever have more than two drinks, and usually not more than one.
10. Does cilantro taste like citrus, or like soap?
Soap. Some folks call it "soap plant", and I agree.
11. Is chorizo the greatest thing ever or is it totally disgusting?
Mmmm, yummy chorizo. A bit too greasy, though. The local Mexican restaurant makes a dish with crumbled chorizo over grilled chicken, covered in chili con queso...mmmmm - but I can't eat it very often, or I pay for it later.
12. Do you use garlic like a vegetable or like a spice?
Spice. I've never had it as a vegetable.
13. Onions: raw, cooked, or not at all?
Yes, the more the merrier. Yummy.
14. Does broccoli taste sweet or bitter?
I've never noticed either one, actually. Then again, I almost always have it cooked with butter or cheese sauce.
15. How do you feel about fish?
I find most fish bland. I'll eat it, but find it needs tartar sauce or lemon. Salmon and tuna are pretty good, though.
16. How about sushi?
It's okkay, but I won't go out of my way for it. I'll accept the argument that I haven't had really good sushi yet, and if I'm out with someone who knows what really good sushi is and they tell me that I'm having some, then I may change my opinion.
17. Fave ethnic cuisine?
Mexican. (Well, for the purists, tex-mex.) It's what I grew up on. I also like southern US cuisine, as well.
18. What's your favorite fruit?
Grapes. Easy. I can't have much fruit these days, though.
19. Cheese - thumbs up or thumbs down?
Thumbs up. I usually have at least one item with cheese at every meal, and will snack on it if it's available.
20. Finally, favorite dessert?
Cheesecake, with key lime pie a close second. Again, though, I don't eat much dessert any more.