Sunday, 7 September 2008
|1040 - 100 questions meme|
1. How old will you be in five years?
53. Yes, I'm an old fart.
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
3. How tall are you?
5 feet,. 9 inches.
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
Meeting with some of the core Hercules developers in Paris.
5. What's the last movie you saw?
What else? TRON.
6. Who was the last person you called?
Cindy Morgan, the lady who played Yori in TRON. She's a nice lady.
7. Who was the last person to call you?
My aunt, calling to give me her mailing address.
8. What was the last text message you received?
I don't get text messages.
9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail?
Cindy Morgan. We were playing phone tag.
10. Do you prefer to call or text?
Call. I don't see the point of texting.
11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
12. Are your parents married/divorced?
My parents were married for 49 years till my mom died last October.
13. When did you last see your mom?
Last October, at her funeral; I didn't quite make it to Houston before she died.
14. What color are your eyes?
15. What time did you wake up today?
About 7:30 AM.
16. What are you wearing right now?
You don't want to know that answer.
17. What is your favorite Christmas song?
The absence of them.
18. Where is your favorite place to be?
Right now, I'd have to say in my airplane, cruising along about 6500 feet, listening to good rock on the XM radio.
19. Where is your least favorite place to be?
In a hospital.
20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
If I were picking a place to live, it'd be in Texas somewhere not too far out of a reasonable city (which does not include Austin) that I couldn't get high speed networking. For a visit, I'm not sure I can put my finger on a place.
21. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?
No idea, really...could be Fairmont, could be somewhere else entirely.
22. Do you tan or burn?
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
Jimmy Kimmel's video response to Sarah Silverman's "I'm f***ing Matt Damon" video. I have no trouble understanding how Jimmy got all of those stars to appear in it...he's good at that kind of thing, and I'm certain everyone had fun doing it. (And no, I hadn't seen it until last night. So shoot me.)
25. How many TVs do you have in your house?
Three. How many of them get regularly watched? One, maybe.
26. How big is your bed?
Queen sized, with a nice pillow top mattress.
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
Yes. How many of each? Well...
28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
29. What color are your sheets?
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
Two soft ones or one firm one.
31. What is your favorite season?
32. What is your second favorite season?
Any time it's above 80 F.
33. What do you like about Winter?
That it doesn't last any longer than it does.
34. What do you like about the summer?
Being comfortable. I grew up in Houston. I get cold below 70 F.
35. What do you like about Winter?
Same answer as before...
36. How many states/provinces have you lived in?
37. What cities/towns have you lived in?
Houston, Alief, and League City, Texas; Fairmont, Minnesota; and Birmingham, Alabama, for a year or so when I was too young to notice.
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
39. Are you a social person?
Not too social; I'm uncomfortable around people I don't know well. I've learned to overcome it.
40. What was the last thing you ate?
A breakfast burrito and yogurt.
41. What is your favorite restaurant?
Lindey's Prime Steak House, in the Twin Cities. (One of these days, I'm going to go to Seeley Lake, Montana, just to eat at the other one.)
42. What is your favorite ice cream?
Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla.
43. What is your favorite dessert?
Key lime pie.
44. What is your favorite kind of soup?
Hot and sour.
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
46. Do you like Chinese food?
Every chance I can get.
47. Do you like coffee?
Yeah, as long as it's not Starbucks. (Tastes burned to me.)
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
Water? A pint or two. I do drink a lot of Diet Coke with Lime, though.
49. What do you drink in the morning?
Coffee or, occasionally, hot tea.
50. Do you sleep alone?
None of your business.
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
52. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes. Well? No.
53. Do you like to cuddle?
54. Have you ever been to Canada?
Yup...spent a few days working in Medicine Hat, Alberta.
55. Do you have an addictive personality?
Not that I can tell, really.
56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
At home, but that wasn't always the case - which is partly responsible for the (lack of) shape I'm in.
57. Do you look forward to your birthday?
Not really, but I don't despise it; I just don't make much of a deal about it. I do, however, avoid any restaurant on my birthday that makes a big production of it.
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
59. Do you want kids?
60. Do you speak any other languages?
French, badly (it's been 34 years since I took my last class in high school). I want to learn Spanish, but never can seem to get down to using the Rosetta Stone courses I bought.
61. Have you ever gotten stitches?
Yes, but not due to injury.
62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
I spent 17 years as a volunteer EMT/paramedic. Never as a patient, though.
63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
No real preference.
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats?
Window. If I can't look outside occasionally, I get motion sickness.
65. Do you know how to drive stick?
Yes. If I could have gotten my current vehicle with one, I would have.
66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Computers and airplane stuff.
67. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
68. What is your favorite TV show?
69. Can you roll your tongue?
70. Who is the funniest person you know?
Uhm. That's a good question.
71. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
72. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
I've got 3: friends and family get the Animaniacs theme (from The Animaniacs Suite, from the final episode); work contacts get one of the main themes from TRON; and callers not in my contact list get Cast in Bronze's version of Tubular Bells, from the Best Day Ever album. (Shame he doesn't have a sound bite from that in MP3 form on his site.)
73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
74. What red object is closest to you right now?
A box of cough drops.
75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Open, mainly because there's a bunch of shirts hanging from a hook on the door.
77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Bear. He'd be quick, and maybe I could fight him off.
78. Do you flirt a lot?
79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Hot mustard sauce, or sweet and sour sauce if I can't get that.
80. What is your favorite food?
81. Can you change the oil on a car?
Yes, and on an airplane, too.
82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Once, several years ago.
83. Have you ever run out of gas?
Yes, but not in an airplane.
84. What is your usual bedtime?
10 PM, usually. Right after Schlock Mercenary updates.
85. What was the last book you read?
Robert Heinlein's The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, my favorite book and quite possibly the greatest SF novel of all time.
86. Do you read the newspaper?
I read what parts of the Fairmont Sentinel they publish online, and the Minneapolis (Red) Star-Tribune.
87. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
Yes, mainly due to memberships in the American Radio Relay League, the National Rifle Association, the Experimental Aircraft Association, and the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association. All but the last are life memberships.
89. Do you watch soap operas?
No...I have enough work just trying to avoid that kind of crap in real life.
90. Do you dance in the car?
91. What radio station did you last listen to?
XM 49, Big Tracks.
92. Who do you have in a picture frame near you?
Three Animaniacs production cels, a picture I commissioned from kinkyturtle a while ago, a collection of Animaniacs pins, vakkotaur's college diploma, and my Zero-G flight certificate.
93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper?
Phone numbers for a Zodiac owner in Crookston, Minnesota I need to catch up with.
94. What is your favorite candle scent?
Just about anything but licorice.
95. What is your favorite board game?
Wow. Haven't played one in a few years...the last was Settlers of Catan, and that was fun.
97. When was the last time you attended church?
Mom's funeral last October. Before that...don't recall.
98. Who was your favorite teacher in high school?
The math department head, who taught calculus my senior year and was coach of the Academic Bowl team. Great guy.
99. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent?
4 days. We were all ready to come home after that.
100. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you?
current mood: awake